Solar Software: An overview
Planning and designing plans for installing PV panels on rooftops or other areas to maximize energy efficiency is made more accessible with solar software, also known as href="https://thesolarlabs.com/ros/best-solar-design-software/">Solar Design Software, for home and commercial solar construction companies. By displaying PV panel design layouts to consumers, tracking PV system installation material costs, managing energy storage, and generating energy usage data and estimations, these systems also assist businesses in operating solar sales proposals.
Features of Solar Software
Solar software frequently has a ton of functionality, many of which might not be tailored to your company's needs.
Pay close attention to the core or shared functionality that your selected solutions offer to ensure you get the proper software. The following are the typical characteristics you should consider while assessing solar software:
- Drawing in 2D and 3D: Draw out area layouts for installing PV panels in 2D and 3D.
- Animation: To comprehensively understand PV electrical fittings, create 3D animations of PV panel setups.
- Design of an electrical schematic: To connect PV panels to primary electrical units, create plans for the necessary electrical schematics.
- Bill of materials: Make a list of all the parts and components that go into a certain product, along with their descriptions and quantities.
- Import/export of data: Users can import and export files, PDFs, and photos as necessary.
- Dashboard for Reporting: View data on financial analysis, energy savings, and solar power use in one dashboard.
Solar Software Advantages
Solar software can benefit your company regardless of the three buyer segments you fall within. Here are the top three advantages:
- Minimizes wasting of raw materials. Solar software aids businesses in calculating the precise amount of raw materials needed for electrical fittings to reduce wastage.
- Helps with sales management and proposals. Solar software enables companies to produce recommendations that show overall ROI after installation for clients who are unsure how much money they will save utilizing solar energy.
- Calculates the projected systems' overall energy usage. Solar software reporting dashboards may calculate annual energy savings overall and evaluate the financial advantages of installing solar panels once a PV layout has been designed.
Important factors to keep in mind while buying Solar Software:
To make sure your company makes the best choice when buying solar software, evaluate these crucial areas as your last step:
- Integration of outside software: Do you currently use imaging software like AutoCAD to create 2D and 3D designs for solar panel layouts? Make sure the solar software you buy is compatible with this design software and any others you might use.
- Customer Service: Does the solar software provider offer round-the-clock customer service? Are there any training materials or FAQs that can aid in problem-solving? Before making a purchase, confirm that the vendor provides all the support that your company need.
- Mobile application: To enable staff to use the solution when working off-site, find out if the solar software vendor you're considering offers a mobile app.