Employee engagement and motivation platform
What is Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee monitoring is a broad term that refers to observing and tracking employees' activities. This software aids in the collection of employee data, such as all user activity when accessing a corporate network, remote worker activity, or when representing the company outside of the office, such as at a client site. Employers can use employee monitoring to track email messages sent and received, other electronic communications, application usage habits, individual keystrokes, internet browsing history, network logon or off times, files copied to USB drives, employee physical location (for remote workers), and employee productivity. Employee monitoring is a component of a larger monitoring system known as enterprise management systems (EMS), which includes monitoring various types of tracking or surveillance within a company.
Types of Employee Monitoring Software
- Device Monitoring: Managers can monitor employee calls, emails, and internet usage by monitoring their phones and computers. URL blocking, for example, can prevent employees from spending time on websites that are inappropriate for work.
- Monitoring customer interactions: Customer interactions can be monitored to ensure that employees communicate with customers correctly and efficiently. When speaking with a customer over the phone or via text message, managers can use insights to see where an employee needs to improve.
Here is the list of the best Employee Monitoring Software.
Employee monitoring software's advantages
- Productivity gains: Employees will be less likely to procrastinate or waste time on non-work activities if they know their boss is watching them.
- Improved performance perceptions: Managers can better understand how their employees are doing by using this information in performance evaluations.
- Hard evidence: Employee monitoring software can provide hard evidence to support your claim if you suspect an employee is doing something illegal or against company policy. It can also shield you from legal action.
Key Features of Employee Monitoring Platforms:
- Time tracking: This feature allows users to record their work hours accurately by recording their clock-in and clock-out times.
- User activity is being tracked: This allows you to track which apps, programs, and websites your employees use on their computers.
- Remote desktop control: This allows you to take control of an employee's workstation from a distance to prevent illegal activity.
- Reporting: This feature allows you to create productivity reports to aid decision-making and identify areas for improvement.
- Analyzing user behavior: Analyze employee behavior to spot suspicious activity and avert security risks.
Employee Monitoring Software: Who Uses It?
Employee monitoring is beneficial to all types of management positions. The most helpful aspect of monitoring is the comprehensive productivity reporting that allows managers to see how their team is doing regularly. Managers can use this information to assign tasks based on each employee's performance level, determine which tasks certain team members excel at, and identify potential time-wasting or productivity blockers during working hours.