Chatbot and conversational experience builder
What is visitor management software?
Visitor management software electronically monitors and records visitors and employees of a business, school, or public building. Visitor management systems improve the efficiency, accuracy, and consistency of the visitor sign-in process by documenting and collecting information about a visitor's whereabouts in the facility, as well as storing visitor data in the database. Some visitor management solutions include the ability to screen visitors against watch lists, increase building security and protect facilities and employees. The software can be installed on an existing computer at the receptionist's desk or on a self-service kiosk.
Advantages of Visitor Management Software
- Improves a company's overall security.
- Features like the ability to scan identification cards speed up the check-in process.
You can learn more about Visitor Management Software by reading this article.
Why Use Visitor Management Software?
Visitor management software provides several advantages to its users, including but not limited to the following:
- Improved office security: A visitor management software solution can supplement an existing security system in a building. All visitors must sign in, which alerts the appropriate party when someone enters and exits the office.
- Streamlined visitor check-in process: Building staff are no longer required to manually check identification cards or call the office to notify them that a visitor has arrived. Driver's licenses and other forms of identification can be scanned directly to the platform using these solutions. They can also notify the appropriate employee that a visitor has arrived.
- Reliable data: Visitor management software stores data on incoming and outgoing visitors. If there is ever an emergency within the building, authorities can look through the software to see who has visited the office.
Features of visitor management software
- Contact management: Capture and store the visitor contact information in a central database, including name, address, and phone numbers.
- Registration Management: This allows visitors to self-register for check-in. In addition, hosts can pre-register visitors and send them a QR code for quick sign-in.
- Visitor Tracking: Tracks visitor in- and out-time, the name of the host, and the purpose of the visit. Users can also generate reports to see how many visitors are present at any given time.
- Self-check-in: This feature allows visitors to check-in by scanning an ID card and receiving a personalized visitor badge.
- Watchlist: Checks visitors against a "watch list" and alerts security personnel to their presence.
- Alerts/notifications: System-wide notifications notify hosts when visitors arrive and inform employees about events and tasks.
Here is a list of the best Visitor Management Software for your firm.